The Tax Operations team within the Payroll Operations org is at the core of providing services that give our customers peace-of-mind. Tax Operations exists to ensure impeccable delivery of key customer needs. We are looking to invite a high energy, results-oriented, inspirational Operations leader with ability to work well and influence cross-functionally to scale our Tax Operations team!
This position is very hands-on, with an emphasis on Tax Filing experience from large payroll providers. You will manage a team that focuses on filing and paying our customers taxes, both quarterly and annually. The team you empower will conduct the filing and payments, and you will be accountable for the timely and accurate completion of these actions. Other skills needed include but are not limited to, conducting research and analysis, have excellent communication skills, and workflow management. You must also possess and take pride in a high attention to detail, organization and task management, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven business environment.
There are thousands of critical operational tasks that are completed for our customers accurately and on time, every time, in a proactive and scalable manner. We collaborate, help each other, and work cross-functional in a positive environment.
Hereâs what youâll do day-to-day:
- Foster a culture of engagement to bring out customer driven results where Gusties feel empowered to put customers first, and develop their careers within the organization.
- Oversee filing and remittance process at the Federal and State levels, as well as any amendments as needed.
- Ensure that tax payment and filing processes are timely and accurate within our agreed upon SLAs.
- Partner with Compliance, Product, Engineering and PPIO teams to become skilled in processing any changes that may impact the tax payment and filing processes on behalf of our customers.
- Lead strategic direction for Gustoâs payroll customers including identifying emerging technologies and implementing systems to ensure operational excellence and in turn exceptional customer outcomes.
- Directly responsible for execution of quarterly and annual objectives and metrics.
- Leader of change management in planning and facilitating team-wide improvement to the customer and Gustie experience.
- Scale the Tax Operations team by increasing team efficiency and working cross-functionally with partner teams.
- Empower a team of individual contributors.
Hereâs what we’re looking for:
- 1+ years management experience
- 2+ years tax experience from a payroll provider on a large scale
- Tech process improvement/operations experience
- Proven track record of delivering an extremely high level of satisfaction across a customer base while also taking pride in driving operational efficiencies
- Ability to think globally and strategically, influencing change across multiple business units and functions
The target level for this role is level 3 and our cash compensation amount is targeted at $73,000-$95,000 in Denver & most remote locations. However, depending on candidate experience and expertise, an offer may be made at level 4, which has a target cash compensation amount of $90,000-$118,000 in Denver & most remote locations. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including candidate location, experience and expertise and may vary from the level and amounts listed above. As a reminder, most internal transfers at Gusto are lateral at the same level.