The Talent and OD Program Manager – Retail reports to the VP, People- Retail and partners closely with the Director of Talent and OD and to provide strategy and expertise in talent management, onboarding, employee engagement, and organizational development to create programmatic approaches in driving performance to achieve our mission of promoting wellbeing through the power of cannabis.
The program manager will partner with HR partners and business leaders to develop and deploy tools, programs, and content to enable the engagement, performance, and growth of our teams. Along with bringing the talent, OD, and instructional design expertise, this person must be excellent with relationship-building, developing strategies and communications, and executing programs. This is a remote position required to be based in a Green Thumb market and meet travel requirements.
*Needs a strong understanding of the business, talent landscape, and quickly identify needs that connect.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties:
- Create and deploy a standardized onboarding and training strategy to support the retail business needs.
- Design team member and leadership development series âmeets people where they are atâ and advances their skill levels by conducting thorough needs analyses and creating practical solutions with intentional phases for field execution, e.g., giving feedback, coaching, resolving conflicts, etc.
- Design learning following ADDIE best practices.
- Develops learning materials and programs that are engaging, user-friendly, and aligned with adult learning principles, e.g. BARS, learner guides, facilitator guides, etc.
- Work with HR partners to identify leadership development needs. Partner with the Director of T&OD to create programs that help our managers and teams grow
- Partner with the Director of T&OD, key internal partners, and business leaders to define career paths and competency models
- Creates Train-the-Trainer programs for store leaders, e.g., observation and feedback program for enhancing customer service
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelorâs degree in Industrial/Organizational Psychology, Organizational Development, Organizational Leadership, or related field
- Minimum of 5 full-time years of relevant experience in Learning and Development, Organizational Development, and/or Talent Management
- Experience with creating standardized onboarding programs
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead organizational change through strong influencing and change management skills in establishing trust, credibility and building collaboration at all levels of the organization
- Experience with conducting needs analyses, creating behaviorally anchored rating scales, and crafting competency models
- Passion for innovative HR solutions and process improvement
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time to visit stores
- Masterâs degree in industrial/Organizational Psychology, Instructional Design, Organizational Development, Organizational Leadership, or related field preferred.
- Learning and Development, Organizational Development, and/or Talent Management program or team leadership experience preferred.
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driverâs license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry