About this role
We are looking for an outstanding candidate to take on a variety of financial, strategic, and analytical projects to drive quality growth for our business. Within the Strategic Finance function at Faire, the Global Topline team owns the analysis and synthesis of company-wide topline key performance indicators and financial metrics in addition to managing the forecast process architecture (i.e. how inputs across various teams and functions come together to form the foundation for our financial projections).
This role will require the ability to spot opportunities and risks, develop hypotheses, pressure test inputs, forecast outputs and execute in-depth analyses to translate data into insights and make recommendations to Faireâs leadership team based on findings. This is an opportunity to join a team where youâre set up for success and play an integral role in helping us scale.
Capital is necessary in every business, but at Faire it serves as a core value proposition to our customers. The Finance & Strategy team ensures we have access to it and are spending it effectively, but also wears several other hats at Faire including maintaining internal investment policies that govern capital allocation, strategic growth planning and company-wide performance management. Given the company-wide mandate, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of cross-functional stakeholders and have visibility to senior leadership. This is an ideal role for someone who is naturally curious, excited to learn the mechanics of how a Global business operates and wants to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative, and data-driven environment.
What you’ll do
- Own the topline forecast model including architecting and optimizing how various input models come together to produce the overall company level forecast
- Synthesize the expected impact assumed across a portfolio of investment areas to communicate the narrative for how we expect future results to come together
- Design processes to improve forecasting accuracy, insight and planning efficiency
- Manage quarterly rolling forward year forecasting and bi-annual longer range planning to provide senior leadership with an evergreen view on the financial trajectory of the business
- Maintain accurate and effective reporting for the most critical company-level metrics such as net dollar retention and payback/ROI on new customer acquisition
- Identify opportunities, develop hypotheses, and execute in-depth analyses to translate data into insights and make recommendations to Faireâs leadership team based on your findings
- A Bachelorâs degree and + years of experience in strategic corporate finance, private equity/venture capital, investment banking and/or management consulting
- You can think across multiple dimensions of what drives a business equation (sales, product, marketing etc.) and work cross-functionally to synthesize insights and produce useful financial forecasts
- You are analytical and data-driven – you can define KPIs, measure progress and diagnose performance using root cause analysis
- You can design, implement and optimize a process that balances the appropriate amount of efficiency, resilience and quality control required by the scope of work
- You are a team player that wants to win while also having fun with teammates along the way
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- You are resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeves
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of SQL
- Experience working with (as a client) or for (as an operator) a fast growing marketplace business
- Experience with equity and/or debt capital markets
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $147,000-$202,000 per year.
Colorado / Washington / New Jersey: the pay range for this role is $132,000-$181,500 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faireâs flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they workâwhether thatâs mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.