A named leader by Forrester in the sales performance management space, Varicent was founded in 2005 when we pioneered sales performance management software. Evolving quickly to become the fastest growing software company in North America according to Deloitteâs Fast 50â¢ in 2010, Varicent was acquired by IBM in 2012 and has since been re-founded as an independent global business serving mid-size and enterprise clients with our full suite of solutions to assist in smarter territory and quota planning, efficient lead to revenue operations, and the fastest and most flexible way to pay sellers accurately and on-time. We are looking for talented, driven people that can make an impact across our organization.
As a Software Developer, you will be part of a multidisciplinary team of developers, designers, data scientists, and business professionals. You would be working on the Varicent Incentives: a single-page web application utilizing React and Redux frameworks that connects to a REST API written in C#.
Please note that the successful candidate will be offered a 1 Year Contract
What You Will Do:
- Work on development projects targeted to increase market share, support existing clients to help make them successful and continuously refine the existing platform to meet modern design methodologies.
- Work with talented, knowledge-driven individuals. We are a close-knit team that is eager for new ideas. We embrace sharing our own knowledge and enriching each otherâs experiences.
- Focus on client success through creative problem-solving.
- Utilize and adopt open source technology where appropriate.
- Short-term (1-3 months):
- Learn and get familiar with our development process, codebase, coding standards and tools
- Participate in team meetings, collaborate with colleagues, and effectively communicate progress and challenges
- Complete small well-defined tasks or bug fixes to demonstrate ability to write good code
- Mid-term (4-6 months):
- Become more independent in handling assigned tasks, requiring less supervision and guidance
- Demonstrate ability to take on more complex assignments, such as implementing new features or modules
- Demonstrate an improved ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues efficiently
- Adhere to coding standards, produce well-documented and maintainable code and participate in code reviews
- Collaborate with the team and provide valuable input during discussions
- Long-term (7 months, and beyond):
- Take ownership of larger features and demonstrate leadership by guiding junior developers, providing mentorship or sharing knowledge with the team
- Meet project deadlines consistently and deliver high-quality work
- Learn continuously and keep up with industry trends and new technologies
- Identify areas of improvement in the development process and suggest solutions to enhance efficiency and productivity
- Make a positive impact on the project and the team’s success
What You Will Bring:
- 3 years of relevant experience
- Strong communication skills. Willingness to convey ideas in a collaborative environment
- Solid understanding of Software Design fundamentals
- Familiar with REST APIs and single-page web application development
Varicent is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email email@example.com
Varicent is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. By applying for a position at Varicent and/or by using this portal, you declare and confirm that you have read and agree to our Job Applicant Privacy Notice and that the information provided by you as part of your application is true and complete and includes no misrepresentation or material omission of fact