From the code to the values, we are Ethereum-aligned. We believe Ethereum has the potential to solve some of humanityâs most crucial coordination issues. Since our initial inception as a non-profit research group, we have sought to scale both its technology and values.
At present the most pressing bottleneck to the growth of Ethereum is its performance and scalability. We are building the most elegant solution to this problem; Optimism’s network improves Ethereum’s performance by orders of magnitude. We do this out in the open because we believe in open source and its ability to accelerate innovation. We believe the future of the open internet is too important to be left to chance. By operating as a Public Benefit Corporation, OP Labs is able to align its private incentives with public good and take positive-sum steps to provide a sustainable future for the internet.
What are the role responsibilities?
- Work alongside the OP Labs Client pod to build and decentralize the Optimism protocol
- Collaborate with the teams leveraging the OP Stack and building the Superchain
- Contribute to the development and review of security protocols and their implementations
What skills do you bring?
- Extensive experience in a software engineering role shipping production code
- Experience writing Golang
- Deep knowledge of Ethereum and the EVM
- Strong grasp of computer science and distributed systems fundamentals
- Experience with containerized infrastructure solutions such as Docker or Kubernetes is a plus, but not required
What you’ll like about us:
- We take care of our employeesâfrom fully paid medical, dental and vision to a 4% 401K match, we’ve got you coveredâlearn more about our benefits, culture and all recruiting FAQ here.
- We take pride in the accomplishments of our teammates and support each other in doing the best work of our careers.
- Our team is a diverse group of people from a variety of backgrounds and interests. We cherish our eclecticism and consider it a great strength.
- We have a transparent, feedback-driven and fun-centric culture.
- We are a team of buildersâour founding team has been working on Ethereum scalability since 2015.
We strongly encourage candidates of all different backgrounds to apply. We believe that our work is stronger with a variety of perspectives, and weâre eager to further diversify our company. If you have a background that you feel would make an impact at Optimism, please consider applying. Weâre committed to building an inclusive, supportive place for you to do the best work of your career.