Who you’ll be joining:
Weâre looking for a Senior Product Manager (Technical) to join our team to own our Infrastructure Platform Strategy. Working with the team, you will be at the intersection of our devices and their critical software services. The Platform team is breaking down internal silos to provide core device services that enable faster product development across the entire ecobee ecosystem. Platform is laying the foundation for a truly portable and modular device platform developer experience, and you get to drive the charter.
You will work collaboratively with engineers, Hardware PMs, data scientists, and platform leadership to plan, execute, and track our Platform strategy.
How youâll make an impact:
- As a Senior Product Manager at ecobee, you will be the go-to person for all things Platform – you will drive product initiatives from inception to delivery
- Build & maintain a roadmap and work closely with the engineering team to plan the launch of the services incrementally and responsibly
- Understand and prioritize the current and future needs of our devices in the scope of the critical services needed to run them (device control, fleet management, device registration, historical device data)
- Establish clear performance metrics for the services and ensure there are mechanisms built to measure, monitor and react
- Determine the best ways to measure engineering efficiency and satisfaction to highlight the quantifiable impact of your teamâs work
- Track teamsâ progress on set goals and milestones and provide regular updates to the management team on program status
- Communicate with development teams in technical details, understand the implications of certain choices, and make trade-offs in complexity, depth, and timelines
What youâll â¯bring to the table:â¯â¯
- You have previous experience in a senior level Product role on enterprise platforms, software-as-a-service product portfolios and technology transformation projects
- Deep technical understanding and the ability to manage products across a full lifecycle from inception to end-of-life/deprecation
- Experience facilitating technical discussions, including prioritization and ability to ask questions to understand how technical decisions impact the product and users
- Experience providing feedback and inputs in technical and architectural design & solutions
- The ability to distill technical concepts to business users and vice versa
- An entrepreneurial mindset – you must be comfortable rolling up your sleeves, thriving in ambiguity, and getting the work done
- You have a Bachelorâs or advanced degree in engineering or commensurate technical experience
- You love data and use it extensively for decision making, driving influence and measuring success
- You thrive in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and high stakes environment
- Just so you know: The hired candidate will be required to complete a background check
What happens after you apply:
Application review. It will happen. By an actual person in Talent Acquisition. We get upwards of 100+ applications for some roles, it can take a few days, but every applicant can expect a note regarding their application status.
- A 30-minute phone/video call with a member in Talent Acquisition
- A first-round virtual interview with senior Product leader.
- A second-round loop with cross-functional group of ecopeeps â expect technical, behavioral and situational questions.
- If your second-round interview goes well, you can expect a take home case study, which you get a week to work on â you’ll then come in virtually to present your solution to the team.