We are looking for a dedicated and amazing Registered Nurse & Agency Administrator to join our team. This individual will supervise and support our caregivers, manage the coordination, evaluation and planning of home care services, and serve as our agency director. Please note: this is an onsite / in-office position.
- Serve as the agency director and assume the authority and responsibility for administrative direction of the agency.
- Conduct client visits and assessments and coordinate with families / franchise to develop care plans, as needed.
- Assist care operations team in managing escalations / issues
- Participate in, and support, quarterly quality reviews
- Develop and administer both new hire training and on-going competency for care professionals to meet agency state compliance requirements
- Ensure agency policies and procedures and industry standards and regulations are followed including audit preparation and management
- Ensure the completion, maintenance and submission of reports and records as required
- Support the new hire on-boarding process, including keeping up to date job descriptions, conducting local new hire orientations and ensuring all necessary paperwork is diligently tracked and completed.
- Conduct in-home observation visits for care professionals and manage the annual performance evaluation process
- Coordinate staffing and scheduling activities with the care operations team.
To succeed in the role, youâll need:
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor’s Degree; three (3) years nursing experience, with at least one (1) year acute care setting preferred; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one (1) year home health experience with a thorough understanding of State, Federal and Home Health Agency Regulatory Standards preferred.
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse
- Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client and family care.
- Knowledge of the local market and how we can best bring on and retain the best caregivers in the region.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing client and personal care services, including needs determinants, meeting quality standards and evaluation of client satisfaction
- Knowledge of clerical procedures such as maintaining records and completing forms
- Has experience using Google suite of tools (Sheets, Doc, Slides, email, and Calendar)
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrate proven decision making skills
- Able to facilitate training sessions and administer competency evaluations
- Able to monitor and assess employees, clients and effectiveness of service
- Able to identify problems and determine effective solutions
- Is comfortable with technology and has the ability to learn new tools and systems.