Objective Search enables developers to easily add best-in-class AI-native search to websites and apps.
Early customers include Dribbble – the worldâs best community for creatives to share, grow, and get hired, and The Information – by many measures the largest technology-focused subscription news platform in the world.
Weâre backed by Matrix Partners, Two Sigma Ventures, and personally by some of Silicon Valleyâs most successful operators. Our founders are ex-Apple engineers with deep experience shipping ML and search systems to hundreds of millions of users across the globe.
Advances in AI and LLMs are changing the way the world searches, and Objective is the platform that will bring the power of AI-native search to every website and app.
Weâre seeking our first dedicated (non-founding) Product person. The ideal candidate will take our Product Management discipline to the next level, craft a world-class developer platform for AI-native search, and collaborate with other teams focused on AI research and innovation.
Youâll have the opportunity to manifest a comprehensive search platform, powered by the most powerful AI in the industry. To make it happen, youâll need to marry complex concepts from the worlds of data science, cloud computing, and developer experience.
Your roadmap will reflect our shared vision of the future, your analysis of the challenges faced by our customers, and your instincts about what makes a lovable infrastructure product.
Together with Engineering Leadership, youâll own, evolve and manage the processes that enable us to maintain high velocity and establish a drumbeat for shipping, without sacrificing quality or trustworthiness.
This role has flexibility in terms of starting seniority, our only requirement is that you love to do the work – this is not a management role and wonât be solely a leadership role for a while.
Who you are
- A student for life: You love to learn and intentionally seek ways to accelerate your learning. You crave continuous feedback from those around you and are willing to share feedback across all levels. Youâre always looking for better ways of doing things.
- A cherished collaborator: You are compassionate and help others around you. You form meaningful relationships wherever you go. You earn respect by being respectful.
- Eager to deliver: You can quickly hit the ground running, map out challenges and opportunities and develop a plan to improve things in the short and long term. Youâre perfectly comfortable operating in an environment without much (or any) guidance.
- An owner: You have strong ownership of any task that you take on, driving it to success whether or not you’ve done it before. You have a strong sense of urgency.
- Obsessively organized. You have acute attention to detail, love bringing clarity and order to things and most importantly driving things to completion.
Requirements & Skills
- Experience truly âowningâ your own roadmap – including prioritization, specification, planning, progress reporting, and so on. Ideally in a B2B technology context.
- Through this youâve developed good instincts around product trade-offs, you understand what metrics you personally care about and why, and you have a sixth sense for one-way vs. two-way doors.
- Has built products (or companies) from zero-to-one. Youâve ârunâ product launches, including pricing, messaging, public relations and sales enablement. Youâve been responsible for tracking commercial success and iterating on product decisions in that context.
- Solid technical knowledge around cloud computing and distributed systems, at least at a conceptual level â enough to quickly and effectively collaborate and negotiate with your engineering counterparts.
- Can happily prototype the types of web applications our customers will be building, using one or more modern full-stack web languages. Ideally you have worked with developer-focused products before.
- A competent and prolific writer. You put the same pride and detail into your specifications as you expect engineers to put into their code.
- Pre-occupied (your friends would say obsessed) with AI, and, in particular LLMs, and the impact this technology will have on our future.
- Nice to have: youâve managed teams of Product Managers.
- Nice to have: experienced in the implementation and operationalization of AI/ML systems.
- Competitive salary and equity.
- Platinum-level health, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family. We cover 99% of employee premiums and 95% of dependent premiums.
- Flexible Work – remote or in-person. We have a flexible work environment – work remotely from any U.S. time zone, or join us in-person at our San Francisco office.
- Unlimited PTO – take time when you need it to rest, relax, and recharge with unlimited PTO (minimum 4 weeks encouraged).
- Team events. Distributed work is awesome, but so is getting together in-person. Hang out with your colleagues at planned team events around the country.
Donât meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Objective we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if youâre excited about this role but your past experience doesnât align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway. You may be just the right candidate for this or another role.
Objective provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.