Careers at Tide
At Tide, we are building a finance platform designed to save small businesses time and money. We provide our members with business accounts and related banking services, as well as a comprehensive set of connected administrative solutions from invoicing to accounting.
Founded in 2015, Tide is now the leading business financial platform in the UK with 550,000 SME members (10% market share) and more than 150,000 SMEs in India. Headquartered in London, Tide has nearly 1,500 Tideans across the UK, Bulgaria, India, Serbia, Romania, Ukraine and Germany.
Tide is rapidly growing, expanding into new markets and always looking for passionate and driven people. Join us in our mission to empower small businesses and help them save time and money.
What weâre looking for:
We are hiring for a Junior Commercial Counsel based in Bulgaria! We are looking for an intellectually curious and enthusiastic recent law graduate or a professional in the early stages of their legal career. You have your sights firmly set on working in-house at a global FinTech company. Youâre hungry to learn how to apply legal theory in practice, improve your commercial and contract negotiation skills, and help solve real-life business problems. You love tackling new challenges, taking ownership of your work and thrive on the success of a job well done.
As a member of the Legal Team, you will report directly to our Senior Commercial Contracts Counsel and support the review and negotiation of a wide range of commercial contracts and technology agreements. A law degree is essential.
Alongside great mentorship, teaching and support, we will offer you the chance to take independent ownership over your work and opportunity to work directly with business colleagues across Tide. You will have the opportunity to work cross-functionally across the wider organisation on a number of business transactions and legal initiatives in the commercial contract field.
Weâre a close-knit global Legal Team consisting of 12 members across the UK, Bulgaria, and India. We are one of the most cross-functional teams in the company, helping Tideans accomplish their goals, grow the company and stay compliant.
We place a lot of emphasis on team collaboration, honesty and support. We seek to make all new joiners feel part of Team Legal from day one. We’re looking for an individual who’ll not only fit into that team, but will bring new ideas, challenge us and roll up their sleeves when needed.
As a Junior Commercial Counsel youâll be:
- Supporting the Senior Commercial Contracts Counsel in the day-to-day management of Tideâs commercial and technology contracts pipeline, including the on-boading of new vendors, commercial partners and contractual renegotiations.
- Helping advise business colleagues on a variety of legal queries relating to commercial contracts, including undertaking legal research and drafting legal advice notes.
- With the support of your senior legal colleagues, independently reviewing, drafting, negotiating commercial contracts, and liaising directly with external contract counterparties.
- Helping with other deliverables related to the commercial contract management, including automating our workflow management, helping implement legal AI solutions and building and maintaining contractual templates and databases.
What makes you a great fit:
- You have a degree in Law (LL.M. postgraduate degree from a leading European university is an advantage but not a requirement).
- Work experience in a law firm or in-house environment (including any internships) is desirable but not necessary.
- Excellent spoken and written English skills.
- Ability to use industry tools like G-Suite (Jira or other similar CLM software is an advantage but not a requirement).
- You’ve got a hands-on and can-do attitude.
- You have strong attention to detail.
- You have a collaborative personality.
- You are eager to learn and grow.
- You are interested in B2B commercial transactions.
- You have an interest to work and develop in-house.
What youâll get in return:
- 25 days paid annual leave
- 3 paid days off for volunteering or L&D activities
- Extended maternity and paternity leave covered by the company
- Personal L&D budget in the amount of 1000 BGN per year
- Additional health & dental insurance with Bulgaria Zdrave
- Fully covered Multisports card
- Access to a global mental wellbeing platform that provides 1:1 video therapy sessions with accredited therapists and unlimited chat therapy sessions
- Work from home budget
- Team socials – virtual and physical events
- Sabbatical leave
Tidean Ways of Working
Make work, work for you! Tide embraces and supports flexible working arrangements. We are a remote-first business that enables its employees to work remotely from anywhere in their home country. Additionally, Our Working Outside the Office (WOO) policy allows you to work from anywhere in the world, up to 90 days per year per country.
We are remote-first, but when you do want to meet new people, collaborate with your team or simply hang out with your colleagues, our offices are always available and equipped to the highest standard. We offer flexible working hours and trust our employees to do their work well, at times that suit them and their team.
Tide is a place for everyone
At Tide, we believe that we can only succeed if we let our differences enrich our culture. Our Tideans come from a variety of backgrounds and experience levels. We consider everyone irrespective of their ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, veteran, neurodiversity status or disability status. We celebrate diversity in our workforce as a cornerstone of our success. Our commitment to a broad spectrum of ideas and backgrounds is what enables us to build products that resonate with our membersâ diverse needs and lives.
We are One Team and foster a transparent and inclusive environment, where everyoneâs voice is heard.
#LI-VS1 #LI-remote #LI-hybrid