Blue Origin, LLC
We are a diverse team of collaborators, doers, and problem-solvers who are relentlessly committed to a culture of safety. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedication and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable space flight. Join us in lowering the cost of access to space and enabling Blue Originâs vision of millions of people living and working in space to benefit Earth.
As a Fuel Cell Test Engineer, you will focus on testing the fluids system functionality of the integrated fuel cell power system. This role is based on the Lunar Fuel Cell design and will interface tightly with test engineering teams on multiple test beds.
We are looking for someone to apply their technical expertise, leadership skills, and dedication to quality to positively impact safe human spaceflight. Passion for our mission and vision is required!
- Develop fuel cell fluid system verification tests in coordination with fuel cell test engineers.
- Develop test requirements, plans and procedures too ensure acceptable fuel cell fluid system performance.
- Conduct complete level leak check verification tests using snoop, helium leak detectors, flow meters and dwell tests.
- Assist in evaluating hardware and system performance data from qualification and acceptance testing.
- Assist in leading daily test operations, operate test consoles, direct technician work and coordinate with internal customers.
- Travel to remote test sites to prepare and execute tests.
- Optimally communicate development status, risks, and challenges to management.
- B.S. degree in Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or similar.
- Exposure to manufacturing and testing of fuel cell stacks.
- Hands-on experience in software and/or hardware development, integration, systems engineering, testing experience.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment while regularly providing imaginative and detailed technical solutions to sophisticated problems.
- Excellent verbal, written, and graphical communication skills.
- Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
- Detailed understanding of fuel cell technologies and their applications.
- Environmental, development or other hands on test experience