About The Role
The Near.org Core Experience team is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our effort to enhance near.org with social, collaborative, and engagement features to evolve the near.org developer network to be the best place to build open source software, decentralized UIs, and decentralized applications on the open web ecosystem.
We are looking for a productive, pragmatic, empathetic collaborator to join the team. Someone who is excited by challenging technical problems, and driven to build performant UIs and collaborate with Designers and User Researchers to build elegant User Experiences. We take a user experience first approach to everything we build so we expect you to develop an understanding of how what youâre working on affects the usability of our target personas of near.org.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Work on a collaborative and globally distributed team of world class experienced engineers, providing an opportunity to learn and grow your technical skill set.
- Follow the minimal processes, like technical roadmaps, OKRs, milestones, regular team meetings;
- Working in the open while developing user interfaces on near.org
- Participate in on-call rotations
What We’re Looking For
- The ability to solve all sorts of frontend engineering tasks
- Effective communication skills to convey your ideas, discuss technical challenges with team members, and initiative to participate in healthy debates without ego and with an attitude of succeeding together.
- Creativity to come up with proof of concept from high level design while not knowing all the details;
- The ability to effectively deliver and receive constructive feedback.
- Ideally 3+ years experience building interactive production UIs in React
- Experience integrating with async APIs – data fetching, caching and client-side state management
- A solid understanding of CSS
- Bachelorâs Degree in a Science, Arts, or relevant field is a must
We’d Love If You Have
- Experience working with a fully remote team and the skills to excel at working in a remote environment
- Open source contributions and previous or continued involvement in open source communities
- Experience with design systems and components
- Experience using a CSS-in-JS library
- Familiarity with other crypto or blockchain technologies
- Experience working at a startup
Hereâs What Our Interview Process Looks Like
Our interviews take place via Zoom and typically consists of the following stages:
- Internal Recruiter Call (30 to 45 minutes)
- Meet with the Hiring Manager (45 to 60 minutes)
- Technical Interviews (3 x 60 minutes)
- Pagoda Values Interview (30 to 45 minutes)
Please let us know if you require any special requirements for your interview and weâll do our best to accommodate.
The base salary range for this role is $148,750- $175,000. This reflects the minimum and maximum range across all US locations. This does not include bonus, incentives, or benefits.
The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: leveling, relevant skills, and work location. If you are based outside of the US, there are other geographic considerations that may impact your final compensation. Your recruiter can share more about the compensation and benefits applicable to your preferred location during the hiring process.