Weâre excited to be looking for a Freelance Senior Designer to support our team in Dumbo, Brooklyn. Reporting to our Director of Design, youâll create prints/patterns/yarn dye layouts and technical packages for bedding and bath categories. If youâre an expert in home textiles and excited to see your work come to life on Brooklinen products, weâd love to hear from you!
This is a freelance position with the opportunity to work with our team in an ongoing capacity.
Rate: $50 – $70/hr based on experience level
Hours per week: 20-30
What youâll do
- Create CADs for all bedding and bath categories for each seasonal delivery
- Develop all-over prints, repeats, and engineered designs for all textile categories, including bedding. pillows, bath, seasonal, novelty, and baby/kids
- Produce vendor-ready tech packs and artwork for internal and external partners
We’re looking for someone who brings
- 6+ years of experience in home textile design
- Expert knowledge of creating factory-ready artwork and technical packages
- Ability to create original designs from inspiration + work in a wide range of styles
- Artistic hand and a strong sense of color
- Proficient in Adobe Suite and Google Suite
- The ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Bachelorâs degree in textile design or a related field preferred
Why join us?
- Our team is made up of friendly, funny, welcoming, low-ego, and passionate people — who also happen to be great at what they do. We all know the people you work with can make or break a job and so we go to great lengths to protect this amazing culture.
- We work hard but are well-rounded and well-rested. Hanging with coworkers is encouraged. So is taking a vacation, getting a great night’s sleep (our day starts at 10 am), and getting out of here at a reasonable time (we have year-long summer Fridays that end at 3 pm).
- Care about growth? So do we. Weâre growing, so weâve got tons of exciting growth opportunities for our amazingly talented team. Not the type of place where you wait for your boss to quit before you can get promoted. New projects and business needs pop up every single day, and we always look internally first.
- Hybrid work – our HQ team has 2 days in and 3 days remote schedule.
- And donât just take our word for it! Weâre honored to be recognized by various industry tastemakers for the work weâve put into our culture and employee engagement, including accolades from LinkedIn Top Startups (in 2020 and 2021!), Inc.âs Best Workplaces and Forbes Best Startup Employers in America (in 2022 and 2023!).
Everyone is welcome at Brooklinen – weâre passionate about building a team that reflects the diversity of our community and creating an environment where our differences are celebrated. We invite you to take a look at how weâve done so far and where we know we need to do better.
Brooklinen, home of The Internetâs Favorite Sheets, was founded in 2014 with one goal in mind: We want you to be comfortable.
We believe everyone deserves beautiful home essentials, and our approach to provide these is simple: Create high-quality products using the finest materials â from bedding to towels and everything in between â and offer these products directly to our customers (without the luxury markup!). As weâve expanded beyond the bedroom, introducing bath goods, accessories, loungewear, our Spaces marketplace and IRL retail stores (with many more opening in 2022 and beyond!), our goal of keeping you comfortable has remained at the forefront.
We take pride in our products and think you will, too: Our sheets, towels and more have received over 100,000 5-star reviews and been recognized by numerous industry tastemakers such as Apartment Therapy, Good Housekeeping, The New York Timesâ Wirecutter and many more.