About this role
We are looking for an experienced Business Intelligence Analyst to scale a critically important function responsible for building and maintaining systems, processes and services that enable us to understand financial performance and unlock key business insights at Faire. The ideal candidate for this role will ensure key accounting procedures are automated in ways that are accurate, efficient, easy-to-understand, and scalable. This role will sit in the Finance department and collaborate with team members from a breadth of functional groups across Faire, including Accounting, Analytics Engineering and Data Infrastructure. This role will have a tremendous impact on the ability for Faire employees to use data effectively in order to report numbers externally and make impactful decisions internally. As an early member of a burgeoning team, you will have the opportunity to write the roadmap for how we improve access to business critical data and unlock automation that amplifies the impact of a variety of functions.
What youâll do
- Provide analytical and technical expertise and support to Accounting and Finance teams to foster and support data democratization that drives decision-making and accountability
- Act as fundamental analytical partner to the Accounting team to gather ongoing requirements from product and operational teams to ensure the core ledgers accurately keep up with changes in the business â Scope, design, create, and manage complex ETL flows that aggregate and synthesize key business performance metrics and financial reporting
- Collaborate across Analytics Engineering, Data Infrastructure, and Finance as a key translator and process improver to ensure cohesion and efficacy across Faireâs data community
- Field miscellaneous data-related questions for the Finance and Strategy and Accounting teams enabling others to get at the data they need accurately and efficiently
- Unlock workflow automation with use of the latest capabilities made possible by Generative AI
- 4+ years of work experience in Business Intelligence, Accounting, or comparable function â Experience working with large transactional data sets, building ETL dataflows, performing in-depth data analyses using SQL, and automating KPI reports using a BI software (Mode, Tableau, Looker, etc.)
Nice to have:
- Experience with Snowflake and/or Mode
- BA/BS degree, ideally in computer science, math or another quantitative field
- You are a team player and love to deliver outstanding results in a group setting
- You want to work in a fast-paced environment with constant change
- You are resourceful and not afraid to roll up your sleeves
California / New York: the pay range for this role is $147,000 – $202,000 per year.
This role will also be eligible for equity and benefits. Actual base pay will be determined based on permissible factors such as transferable skills, work experience, market demands, and primary work location. The base pay range provided is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
Faireâs flexible work model aims to meet the needs of our diverse employee community by making work more flexible, connected, and inclusive. Depending on the role and needs of the team, Faire employees have the flexibility to choose how they workâwhether thatâs mainly in the office, remotely, or a mix of both.
Roles that list only a country in the location are eligible for fully remote work in that country or in- office work at a Faire office in that country, provided employees are located in the registered country/province/state. Roles with only a city location are eligible for in-office or hybrid office work in that city. Our talent team will work with candidates to determine what locations and roles are eligible for each option.