We are disrupting the trillion-dollar construction industry with technology, making it possible for almost any profession to operate remotely. Our company is the only startup combining the strengths of technology and remote work to solve the challenges of residential construction.
Unlike most other products and services, hiring a contractor for a home improvement project is very far from a 1-click experience today. Ergeon aims to empower skilled local contractors with human and technology-powered services to make home improvement easy. We take a full-stack approach to create a seamless experience for homeowners, and leverage technology to scale the front & back offices of contractors.
With the belief that everyone has a right to professional growth and respect regardless of their location, we proudly have staff (aka Ergeoneers) in over 40 of countries, with a great score and recommendation rating on Glassdoor. Come join us to make construction friendly and accessible!
Ergeon: [er – g- eon]
Erg = unit of work or energy
Eon = billion years
Ergeon is founded by CS Ph.D. serial entrepreneurs Jiayue (Jenny) He and Odysseas Tstatalos. They picked this name to symbolize their joint passion for using tech to revolutionize work.
Overview of the Role
We are seeking a motivated and experienced Associate Project Manager to manage and grow our key accounts. As an Associate Project Manager, you will play a critical role in ensuring customer satisfaction by creating and executing account plans, building strong customer relationships, and managing the project from start to finish. We are looking for a candidate who can act as a bridge between Sales and Delivery during the sales stage to ensure a smooth handoff and communication of project requirements.
- Manage and grow key accounts by developing and executing account plans aligned with customer goals and objectives.
- Confirm installer capacity to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Provide remote support to ensure projects are completed to customer satisfaction.
- Ensure Ergeon is compliant with all necessary regulations to build the project.
- Handle VIP customers by providing a tailored experience.
- Handle processes and build exceptions to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Handle custom payment processes as needed to ensure timely invoice payment.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2 years of experience in key account management, project management, or related field.
- Fluency in both English and Spanish.
- Proven track record of success in managing key accounts and driving revenue growth.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize tasks, and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills to complete and appropriately document tasks in multi-step processes.
- Tech savvy and quick to interface with multiple programs/websites/spreadsheets at once.
- Experience handling escalated customers.
- Experience handling negotiations with both customers and installers/contractors.
Nice to have
- B2B Negotiation experience.
- Prior knowledge in home services
- Prior experience in construction project management
Good Laptop setup with Chrome browser
- Minimum of 8GB RAM
- Minimum processor:
- For Intel variants of CPUs:
- Core i3 8000 Series (8th Gen) or higher
- Pentium N5000 series (Quad-core variant) or higher
- Celeron J5000 series or higher (quad-core variant)
- For AMD variants of CPUs:
- Ryzen 3, 3rd generation or higher
- For Intel variants of CPUs:
Stable high-speed internet connection
- At least 5mbps upload and 20 Mbps download
- With a noise cancelling microphone
- 250-300W UPS
- Ability to access up to 1.5GB of data per day during storm outages
Monthly salary between $1,950-2,150 USD , depending on experience and location.
- Your final compensation will depend on your placement on our Career Ladder and will be calculated hourly.
- You’ll be paid weekly through Upwork (www.upwork.com), the platform we choose to hire and pay our Ergeoneers all over the world.
Additional important information
- This is a 100% remote position, for people located in: Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Aruba, Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, Bolivia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, French Guiana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Saint Kitts and Nevis, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent and The Grenadines, Suriname, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos, Uruguay, Venezuela.
- This position is full-time with expectations of at least 40 hours per week.
- Availability Monday through Sunday between 7:00am – 6:00 pm PST/CST/EST.
- The expectation is to cover at least 40 scheduled hours that fall on any of the days mentioned above.
- Training period of 4 weeks including: 1-1 sessions, constant mentoring, teamwork, practical use and understanding of our technical tools, and live exercises to develop abilities.
- You are going to be able to do a full immersion in the day-to-day job, enjoy our amazing company culture, make great friends, and learn a lot!
- We are completely convinced that this period gives you the opportunity to decide if the job and the company are your perfect match, and it also helps us to know you better.
Ergeonâs benefits and perks for full staff members
Competitive compensation: We invest in people! We are constantly doing worldwide market research in order to offer globally competitive salaries. And we are well funded by VCs.
All-Remote since the beginning: We have a diverse team spread across 40+ countries. We stay connected through the best remote work practices such as flexible work hours, team events, remote happy hours, and by sharing our love of food!
Tech, Wellness & Learning fund: You can have a $400USD bonus per year for software and hardware tools, workplace improvements, fitness-related spending (includes things like yoga classes, Fitbit tracker, new running shoes, gym membership. . .), and books, courses, training, or even attending conferences.
Stock options: All staff is eligible after 6 months of full-time work.
Birthday Paid day off: You can take the exact day, or Friday before if it is on a weekend!
Flexible Paid time off: You can take 12 days after working 6 months, PLUS 2 extra days per year for a maximum of 20 days.
Free Headset Benefit: You can get a noise-canceling headset since your first day working full-time.
Equipment: Laptop replacement after 1 year of full-time work. And every 3 years after that.
Co-Working Fund: Meet in groups of 3+ Ergeon friends and get reimbursed up to USD $20 for coffee, co-working, etc (once per quarter).
Language Classes: here at Ergeon you will have the opportunity to learn or improve a language!
We believe everyone has a right to professional growth and respect, no matter their location.
Ergeonâs workforce is given meaningful opportunities and is supported by a kind and diverse community.
Our global staff (Ergeoneers) have access to career growth, amazing work culture, and great benefits.